Friday, September 7, 2012

And the gender is...

We decided to find out this baby's gender instead of doing the ultimate surprise like we did with Isabel. While I would totally have gone for The Big Surprise again, Dave really wanted to find out. We agreed that since we did it my way last time we would do it his way this time!

When we were at our ultrasound we had the ultrasound tech write the gender on a piece of paper. She also had us look away from the screen so she could get a couple of good genitalia pictures which she put in an envelope with the gender written down.With a wrapped box in hand, I then went to Target and picked out an adorable girl outfit and a cute little boy outfit. At the cash register I gave the clerk instructions to open the envelope, read the gender, then ring up the coordinating outfit and put it in the box with the receipt. The whole time my back was turned and Isabel and I had a nice conversation about nothing much. I made sure to ask him if he put the ultrasound pictures in the box too and he said that they should be there!

That night we had the Spositos, Awes and Frankie over for dinner (homemade pesto with basil from my garden, homemade pasta, caesar salad and french bread), to witness the Big Reveal. After a bit of battling with technology we finally got the Fraley's, Brinkers and Luc on Skype and Jenna on speakerphone so that they could participate in the Big Surprise too!



I've got to say that I was totally surprised to open up the present and find the cute little boy's outfit inside! The whole day since we had had the ultrasound that morning, I just knew my baby was a boy. Before that I had no inclination. Even with that strong gut feeling all day, I was still blown away and thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment