Saturday, January 29, 2011

Week 34



With only 6(ish) weeks to go, the most common questions right now are, "are you ready?", "are you nervous?", "is the baby's room done?". The answer to all of these is NO!

I'm totally not ready, because I have no idea what to expect - although after talking with Annie and Sara, I have a better idea now. But still, I'm just not quite sure what to be ready for! This whole parenting thing seems to pretty much be a "learn as you go" type deal.

Because I don't really know what to expect, and can't picture in my mind how things are going to go, I'm really not very nervous either. I'm just not sure what to be nervous about! Of course giving birth isn't going to feel very pleasant, but knowing the amazing outcome makes it all worth it! So if anything I'm more excited than nervous :-)

As for the baby's room... Since Dave has been traveling so much, and I can't move around furniture on my own, the baby's room has been at a stand-still for the past few months. We're going to have a couple more baby showers in a few weeks, and after those I'll have more things to actually put away and sort. My wonderful mother-in-law is going to come down for an extended weekend to help which will be so much fun! For now, the photo below shows "the baby's room" at this point in time! At least we have a wonderful crib! The matching dresser/changing table is coming soon, so that will help with providing a place for us to actually put things! Until then, the crib is our baby gear storage space...

No comments:

Post a Comment